Current local time in India

 

Note, you can click on any picture posted to view full size

Friday, March 26, 2010

change of plans

Hi everyone

This post is not from the Himalayas......I got stopped at immigration and was not allowed on the plane , I didn't have the proper registration number on my VISA. I was to register within 14 days of my arrival and I did......... but the small town police didn't give me a number , they just stamped it.

The past 4 days we have been trying to straighten things out. We still need to go back with forms one more time, but we have decided to hire a car and driver, and head out of town for a few days and then join our tour group next Wednesday here in India.

If we went to Nepal, we might not be allowed back in for 2 months. (It's a new policy) We decided to just stay in India and do Nepal in another trip.

It's great to be hanging out with Kerry. We are enjoying Delhi. Kerry loves the tuk tuks. We are taking lots of pics.

Hope everyone is well

Namaste
Beth and Kerry

2 comments:

sandi keogan said...

What a shame about the Visa hassle. Being careful with processing visa applications was one of the the things I learned when working in the visa section in SA. Mistakes could affect a job opportunity, getting to a wedding or funeral, university etc could all be affected by errors. Believe me, we made some and scrambled like crazy to correct them. So I'm sorry it happened to you but glad that you and Kerry are still managing to have fun and share this experience.
Safe travels
Pat and Sandi

Elizabeth said...

Yes, that sounds like a good decision! Enjoy your time out of town and have fun when you meet up with your tour group. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures!!

Love Elizabeth

Post a Comment